Saturday, August 21, 2010

I bought powder to make hummus from HEB. I need specific instructions. It said something about oil and hot wat?

It said something about oil and hot water. It should be really simple. But I'm brand new, and I need specific instructions so I don't screw up. Anybody know?I bought powder to make hummus from HEB. I need specific instructions. It said something about oil and hot wat?
No directions? No problem. Add enough water until it becomes a smooth, thick consistency of say guacamole. Don't add too much water, just enough to make it a thick paste. At that point, add some olive oil until you like the consistency.





I also like to add garlic powder and lemon if you have them. And I also liked diced tomatoes in my hummus,





Next time you are in a Middle Eastern market, pick up some sumac or something called extra sumac to sprinkle on top. It's red in color and has a lemon flavor.I bought powder to make hummus from HEB. I need specific instructions. It said something about oil and hot wat?
The package should have the exact directions you need. Otherwise it's anyone's guess how much water and olive oil to add. I always make mine from scratch with real chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, garlic, lemon, cumin...

No comments:

Post a Comment