Saturday, August 21, 2010

I bought Arnold 2-cycle oil 32:1 but need 50:1.Can't I just mix it 50:1 or is it special oil I should exchange

It's for a Ryobi gas trimmer.I bought Arnold 2-cycle oil 32:1 but need 50:1.Can't I just mix it 50:1 or is it special oil I should exchange
If it's a bottle that is pre measured for one gallon of gas just add more gas. 50/32 = 1.562 gallons of gas. This will give you the required 50:1 mix you need.I bought Arnold 2-cycle oil 32:1 but need 50:1.Can't I just mix it 50:1 or is it special oil I should exchange
What I normally do is go to the petrol station and fill a spare can with exactly 1ltr of unleaded fuel, (which I mark on the can ';50 to 1'; so I don't get it mixed up with the other can of unleaded for the mower.)


Then on the side of the 2 stroke oil bottle there are measurements in 50ml sections. Mix 50ml per 1ltr of fuel, and bob's your uncle 50 to 1 mix. hope this helps, it works for me fine.
Get the right oil return the other why bother doing the math.
go 50:1, with a ryobi, I have more of those in my bone pile than any other brand...most people in the industry won't tell you..but, if you treat it like a Stihl?..then you won't have a lot of problems...otherwise, you will only get a season out of it, and that is if you are lucky...sorry, but Ryobi?..We call them throw aways,...why they are cheap....
For 32:1 mix the container of oil with one gallon of gasoline. For 50:1 , mix same omount of oil with .8 gallons of gas. . Sometimes this formula is on the container of oil. This is where I got it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment