Monday, August 23, 2010

I just bought a new charcoal smoker grill. What is the best method to oil it up to keep it from rusting?

Unfortunately there isn't a way to totally ';rust-proof'; your Q, you can only retard the inevitable. Steel will rust even if you coat it with oil, the heat from the Q will burn the oil off and you're back to square one. My suggestion is to get a nice cover for your unit, spray the unit (all the joints) with a petroleum spray (WD40). After each use and after cooldown spray again and cover.I just bought a new charcoal smoker grill. What is the best method to oil it up to keep it from rusting?
I just use my flavoured olive oils to wipe over, this also gives my meat a lovely flavour, or just plain olive oil or rice bran oil is good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment