Saturday, August 21, 2010

I just bought a brand new toro mower and my wife was trying to be helpful and put the oil in the gas tank!?

I haven't added any gas at all, it's just got the oil in the tank. I currently have the mower flipped and draining and removed the spark plug. Any other suggestions?I just bought a brand new toro mower and my wife was trying to be helpful and put the oil in the gas tank!?
You are draining out crankcase oil out of the spark plug and not oil your wife put into the gas tank. Its impossible for oil to flood a spark plug hole thru the gas tank and carberator.





Dont be a bit concerned turn the engine over and drain out the gas tank. Often oil is put into gas tanks of small lawn mower engines, there is an oil called ';miracle oil'; that a lot of people use, its added right to the gasoline. I myself, use about a 1/2 cup oil to a tank of my tractor The tank is 3 gallons.





Fill it with gasoline and for sure dont forget to add oil to crankcase as you have drained that out thu the valves and out thru the spark plug. Actually you are draining out crankcase oil thru the spark plug and not gas tank oil as ive said above.





Again, be sure to add oil to crankcase.I just bought a brand new toro mower and my wife was trying to be helpful and put the oil in the gas tank!?
buy one of those turkey baisters and put about half a tank of gas in there to dilute and dissolve the remaining oil...then suck out that mixture. A little oil isn't going to ruin your mower motor but too much could clog up the carb.
ONce the bulk is drained out you can turn it back over, make sure the oil in the crankcase is correct level, then put gas in the fuel tank. The gas will dilute the oil and mix it in and it'll go thru and be burned off. Might take a couple of tanks to get it out of the fuel system but not a big deal actually. So the first one might create a little fouling on the sparkplug but to check after the first tank take it out and clean it and inspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment