Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I accidentally bought Tuna packed in Vegetable Oil.?

I usually use my tuna for sandwiches (with mayo), can i still use the tuna in vegetable oil for sandwiches and does it taste much different than when packed in water. Or what other recipes would you suggest .I accidentally bought Tuna packed in Vegetable Oil.?
I always use the one packed in oil. Just drain as much as you can out of the can before you mix it with the mayo. Actually, it's kinda better cause you need to use less mayo since it's moist already... the water packed tuna is a little more dry.I accidentally bought Tuna packed in Vegetable Oil.?
I did this once or I may say the company did this to me once it was misslabled lol. Just drain the oil and It will be fine the taste is the same but you may find you won't need as much mayo for your recipe.
Many years ago tuna in oil was the only thing around. Grew up with it . Just drain as you would the one with water. Make your usual method, it will be just fine!!!!
Use it the same way you used your tuna packed in water. I use to always buy mine like that. Alittle taste difference, more salty.
I find it much better, drain it really well and mix with less mayo than you usually use, I prefer salad cream actually, it's so much nicer than tuna in water.
You can't really taste the difference. We have both water and oil tuna at my house and I eat with mayo and it doesn't taste any different
I think the tuna in oil tastes so much better!!
I have done the same thing.....I just drain all the oil off and then rinse in water. It still has some of the oil but you can't tell much of a difference in taste.
I would drain it then rinse it really good with water to get the oil off -
Hiya Nichol :o) Yes - Tuna in vegetable oil will be absolutely fine to use with your sandwiches. Just make sure that you drain the oil off thoroughly before you mix it with your mayo! Tuna comes packed in veg oil, olive oil and brine - it's just a matter of which you prefer! I use them all and they're perfectly OK for your sandwiches x Hope this helps xx
my wife makes that mistake once a year. Use a lot less mayo and you'll be fine - A LOT LESS!!!
Yes you can use it... Some people like it better packed in oil, just drain as much of the oil as you can before you mix it with mayo.
  • facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment