Saturday, August 21, 2010

I just bought a toyota tundra with 86000 miles . The guy I bought it from used 5w30 valvoline oil.?

I would like to use a good synthetic oil. Can someone recommend one ? will it hurt to change oil brands like that in mid stream ?I just bought a toyota tundra with 86000 miles . The guy I bought it from used 5w30 valvoline oil.?
tatnac are you serious? I would NEVER go those kind of miles and expect my vehicle to be ok without changing the oil. I gotta call B.S., you are either BS'n us or you are VERY luckyI just bought a toyota tundra with 86000 miles . The guy I bought it from used 5w30 valvoline oil.?
use synthetic, it cuts down on wear in the engine
It will not hurt but, if you go synthetic I am told that you can't switch back to conventional motor oil without risking damage to your motor.
It won't hurt to change oil brands mid stream. Not sure why you want to switch though, unless you just don't want to change your oil as frequently as you would with 5w30. As long as you change the 5w30 every 3,000 miles, there's nothing wrong with using it. Your Tundra will last just as long as it would with synthetic.
no...but it also may not be worth the extra expense in my opinion. Do the math on using regular 5w-30 and changing it every 5k miles or so, vs using synthetic and changing it every 10k or 20k or however long its suppose to last. If you're changing the synthetic every 5k you're just throwing your money away and wasting resources.





I'm the kind of guy who just gets in the car/truck and drives....I don't baby them. I've gone 50k miles before without changing the oil and the engine is just fine. The whole gimmick about changing your oil every 3k miles is just that, a gimmick to sell more oil. Its just a damn car, not a living thing...it doesn't cry out for fresh oil every time it gets a little dirty.
Use Mobil 1 synthetic, 5W-30 summer and winter.
MOBIL 1. Your truck will never die.

No comments:

Post a Comment