Monday, August 23, 2010

I bought castor oil. Im 20% efaced and 1 cen. dialeted. How much of this should I drink to go into labor?

So I found out that I am 20% efaced and 1 cen. dialated. I've been having what I believe are braxton hicks contractions for the past week. I would love to induce myself before the doctors do it with medicine. So I would love any advice to I can to help the process out.I bought castor oil. Im 20% efaced and 1 cen. dialeted. How much of this should I drink to go into labor?
Castor oil is a very bad idea, it can hurt the baby. Plus, it wont put you in labor, it will just stress out your body and your baby. I had great sucses with Italian induction, it put me in labor imediatly. You eat spicy food, have one alcholic drink of your choice, walk like a madman, get a massage, and have unproteced sex with good orgasms. Nipple stimulation or using a breast pump also can work. These are safe, effective and fun ways to start your labor, and they wont give you terrible cramps and shits and stress out your baby. Just remember, it will only work if your baby is ready to be born, so you might have to keep it up for a while.I bought castor oil. Im 20% efaced and 1 cen. dialeted. How much of this should I drink to go into labor?
ugh...... I would not suggest it....





I tried it 3 times!!!! none of the times did it work, and finally he came... 2 weeks late... you could ask your doc to strip you membranes...





I would not recommend castor oil... even though, I asked questions on here about it and was told not to... and I did it anyway (lol)





It is DISGUSTING (almost made me throw up when I drank it.. it sticks in your mouth so there is no way to NOT taste it..) and it really does give you some BAD diarrhea.... ughhhh... I am feeling sick now just thinking about it... :(








EDIT: I just wanted to add that SEX does help! the night my son came, we had sex at about 11 pm, my contractions started around 11:30... SERIOUSLY...
Well when i was preg with my son i took 2 tablespoons and put it in with a shot of oj you dont want too much oj. My son didnt have any problems bec it doesnt go into ur blood stream to affect the baby. You on the other hand will have some bowel movements trust me but thats okay bec you will need all of that released anyways.. But i was having contractions in like 6 hrs. It will give u false labor contractions and they will give u pitocin to speed up the process
You shouldn't. Ask your doctor if there's anything else you can do, but this isn't one of those things.
I have a ten week old. I really would recommend that you don't have the castor oil!! The reason being that my friend did everything she could to kick-start labour and it took her 3 days of being in pain (labour pain) until she gave birth! I would suggest getting as much rest as you can hun! it might be a long haul, but naturally is best! sorry to be crude (you might not feel like it) but sex (semen is the same hormone thay use to be induced) i think is the best thing! I had my baby the day after! as long as your water has not not broken! Best of luck! I don't know what the hospitals r like in america (if thats where u are) but i had to have most of my labour in the wating room in England, as they are so short on midwifes!! Also keeping active really helps! Do the cleaning or take dog out for walk! jst not too far away from home, make sure you have your phone handy too xx
caster oil is not a good idea it just makes you have the runs really bad and can be harmful to the baby..
none it doesnt work and might make you sick
i wouldn't take it, they don't always use medicine. with my kids they broke my water then the baby came 5 min later.
It's an old wives' tale, don't drink it. Try walking, having sex or straddling one of those big exercise balls. Not much else you can do, baby will come when baby decides to come.
I would suggest that you rethink this if your intentions is to plan to use it to try and induce labor...





Too many complications can occur including:





Fetal Distress





Severe Dehydration for you





Severe Stomach Cramps...NOT Contractions





Passing of Meconium, they swallow very very sick baby!





And unless your body is showing any signs of wanting to start labor...and 20% effaced and only 1 cm is def. not, its only going to make you and possibly the baby very very sick!








PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS OPTION!
I think the standard is 2 tbsp mixed with orange juice.. read the bottle to make sure! Just be cautious when you take it, it doesn't always work, and can cause some uncomfortable side effects... go into it prepared! Good luck!
Oh sweetheart, I know you are anxious to deliver, but please do not use castor oil, you will seriously regret it. You'll be in so much pain due to to the diarrhea and vomiting that you could potentially distress the baby.


Walk up and down stairs if you are too anxious. It'll give you something to do and will help induce labor in a much safer way.


Good Luck
Like the girl said above , it is an old wise tale . Trust me don't do it. The only thing you can do is keep your self entertained by other things. I have tried the walking , the sex , all of it ... It's okay to be induced , I have been with my 4 girls , they are perfactly fine , they are smart as can be, and they have no problems at all.
seriously....don't so it!! unless you want to sit on the toilet all day with severe diahreah and cause your baby to possible have a bowel movement in you as weel then DON'T!!! IT DOES NOT WORK!!! all it does is cause pain and could hurt your baby!!!
  • wrinkle eye cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment