Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Does anyone know the oil I need to buy for a 1997 Ford Maverick 2.7 TD Turbo LWB. Please help?

Where are you? down under? I would think any good oil would do, I like 20-50 Castrol or Valvolene, if it doesn't have to many miles you could go for Mobil 1 15-50 :)Does anyone know the oil I need to buy for a 1997 Ford Maverick 2.7 TD Turbo LWB. Please help?
In the US Ford is recommending 5W20 for all cars since '92. I think this is so the oil gets to the overhead cam quicker on startup. I read this in a Ford TSB (Technical Service Bulletin).Does anyone know the oil I need to buy for a 1997 Ford Maverick 2.7 TD Turbo LWB. Please help?
Any make will do.





However, bear in mind, the most expensive is not necessarily the best. Ask where you buy your fuel, they will give you advice on which oil to choose, but remember, the one that cost's the most may not be the best.
sae 10w 40 part synthetic should do it.


servol is quite cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment