Friday, July 30, 2010

I wanted to buy Air-gun (Air brush) for Oil painting on canvas. Please Suggest some brands/models.?

Unless you're working outside, with some sort of respirator - I would not recommend using oil based paints through an airbrush, or airgun. Both atomize paint, and by doing so, you're going to breathe it unless protected. (never mind the mess it'll make)


Don't get me wrong, with the right thinning measures, just about anything can be shot through an airbrush.


What type of gun largely depends on the level of detail you intend, or the area to be covered.


I personally like Iwata airbushes... I've used Paasche, Badger %26amp; a Thayer%26amp;Chandler...but so far, it's the Iwata I keep going back to.


Call Coast so they can help you choose the gun that would best suit.


But please, consider oils are toxic...and take appropriate precautions. (also consider the o-ring packings for whatever airbrush you choose, some may not stand up to the solvents required to clean it)I wanted to buy Air-gun (Air brush) for Oil painting on canvas. Please Suggest some brands/models.?
If it's a gradient background you want....but want to continue with oils, by all means use an acrylic for your background, and then continue in a traditional-ish method in oils. You can always go over acrylic with oil...but never the other way around. Report Abuse
I wanted to buy Air-gun (Air brush) for Oil painting on canvas. Please Suggest some brands/models.?
Sata is coming up fast on Iwata's heels...and I understand their big guns are a force to be reckoned with...but I haven't had a chance to use the new airbrushes... Report Abuse

I used Iwata the best there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment