Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What is the best cooking oil to use/buy in the market?

I went to the supermarket earlier and saw a lot of different kinds of oil. All I want to add on my cart is just a cooking oil but I got a hard time picking. I found out that there's a lot of different kinds of oil. Here are those that I can recall: Palm Oil, Vegetable Oil, Corn Oil, and there's a whole lot more! So, I just want to ask the opinion of our wise buyers on what is the best kind of oil to use or buy if all I am going to do is to use it in cooking meals?





Please advise.What is the best cooking oil to use/buy in the market?
I use Hollywood brand safflower oil for most of my cooking and baking. I keep Filippo Berio Extra Virgin olive oil on hand for salad dressing and I use Planter's peanut oil for frying and stir-fry.What is the best cooking oil to use/buy in the market?
well if you're just cooking stuff in a skillet I'd suggest Olive oil. It has a good flavor and kind of high smoke point and is the most heart healthy oil. If you're baking I suggest Canola oil-which also has a nice flavor and is light. For very high heat frying, like stir frying, you'll want something like sunflower oil.





Personally I always have Canola and Extra Virgin Olive oil on hand.
olive oil is the best although is expensive but you can fry or use it in your salads
I like peanut oil for general frying and light or mild olive oil for salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment