Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm not going to buy a trout, prepare it, plop it into a pan with oil, & eat it, so how can I add fish to my d

iet?I'm not going to buy a trout, prepare it, plop it into a pan with oil, %26amp; eat it, so how can I add fish to my d
you cant, you have to eat it and you said your not going to eat it.I'm not going to buy a trout, prepare it, plop it into a pan with oil, %26amp; eat it, so how can I add fish to my d
There are a lot of different fresh fish (cod, sole, salmon, tilapia, scrod, orange roughy, etc.) that can be prepared in a variety different ways (baked, broiled, fried, sauteed, etc.).





Additionally, there are some great prepared fish products that are available in the frozen section of the grocery store, like fish fillets, fish portions, fish sticks, etc.





If you won't consider preparing it yourself (which is the best and most nutritious method), then consider taking a supplement like fish oil capsules or cod liver oil.





As I am concerned about my diet--especially as I have gotten older-- I'd much prefer eating fresh fish than take the supplements. I spent some years as a nearly-vegetarian, and my weight was low, I had low blood pressure and hypoglycemia. Additionally, I was always lightheaded, and often felt that I would pass out. Now that I have incorporated more meat and fish into my diet, I cannot complain of those same symptoms.
How about some omega oil capsules????


Oh by the way, I grill my fish fingers and pop a slice of cheese on them. Very nice!
fried fish sticks


they are extremely nutritious and low in fat and calories
theres a vitamin i believe, thats a very soft gel, i want to think its called fish oil, that might help you out, also you can eat tuna as well.
Starkist makes these tuna salad lunch packs. They come with everything you need. You can get regular or light (mayo). They are very portable and you do not have to refridgerate them. I take them to my work with me. I eat them on days after I workout for some good clean protein.
you could try buying pre frozen mahi mahi burger patties, ahi tuna burger patties, salmon burger patties etc. those are very lean, 100% all fish, and healthy. very easy to prepare too.
How. Love the name. I've heard many.





O.K. Get a can of albacore tuna fish. Open and drain. In a frying pan put 2 Tablespoon butter and melt. Add 2 Tablespoon flour and make a paste. To this add 2 cups of milk, cook and stir over medium heat until it makes a gravy. Add more milk if it gets too thick. Add tuna, cook till tuna is warmed through and salt and pepper to taste. Put this over buttered toast. You will be suprised how good this really is.





Or again, drain can of Albacore tuna fish. Mix enough mayo to hold fish together. Add chopped dill pickles and chopped onions (however much you like). Salt and pepper to taste. Put between 2 slices of bread.
You're looking for premade fish, ey? Well, first of all, check the labels of what you are purchasing. They have all sorts of fish products out there that are mostly breading and fillers, which sort of defeats the purpose of eating fish in the first place. Look for marinated wild caught fresh fish that have been flash frozen for the most nutrition. They take the work out of seasoning and such. Then, heat your oven to 400 degrees, plop the fish in a baking dish, cover, and put it in the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, take the cover off and see if it flakes. If it does, its done. Be careful about ';fish'; in fast food restaurants. The fish sandwich at McDonalds packs nearly 1000 calories and alot of fat! You might try fish tacos at a reputable place, but, I'm actually thinking you should bite the bullet and cook it yourself! And that ';vitamin'; is Omega-3. Don't depend on vitamins alone, however, to give you the best nutritional value, they are ';supplements'; only!
Buy it frozen in non-breaded fillets and nuke it? Go out to restaurants? Pay a friend to broil some for you?
smoked seafood except in a cooked recipe, such as a casserole. Refrigerated smoked seafood, such as salmon, trout, whitefish, cod, tuna, or mackerel, is usually labeled as ';nova-style,'; ';lox,'; ';kippered,'; ';smoked,'; or ';jerky'; and can be found in the refrigerated section of grocery stores and delicatessens.





Watch the sodium intake in some of these. But try them the smoked salmon is yum
Buy canned tuna and mackerel. They both have the omega3 fatty acids that are so good for you
You can get some of the ';fake'; crab and lobster. It is made with white fish.
Remember, shellfish is also fish, so if you like shrimp and clams and crab that's a nice serving right there.





Another possibility is to develop a taste for sushi. I don't care much for cooked fish but I love sushi.
Maybe adding a little fish to your diet will make you appreciate it more. You could get some tuna, or salmon, and plopping it in oil only ruins it, better yet, steam, poach or broil it, or cook it in aluminum foil.





Your question sounds more like kitchen laziness than liking or disliking fish itself.
just buy frozen fish at trader joe's or a local grocery store. defrost it and then put some lemon on it, salt, pepper, and a little bit of olive oil and stick in OVEN for about 30 minutes. dont fry it.....might as well just eat fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment