Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm taking flax seed oil.can I put in any thing that I cook or drink,or should I buy the flax seed meal?

Yes you can, but the meal tastes a bit better for things like that. The milled flax seed is best for smoothies and bread and stuff.





A lot of people just take the liquid by the spoonful, although its much easier to just take the pills (which is what i do). They're kind of big, but they're gel coated so they go down easily.I'm taking flax seed oil.can I put in any thing that I cook or drink,or should I buy the flax seed meal?
You don't want to heat the oil. You can put it on any cold things. I like it on salads (make salad dressing or just drizzle it on). If you want it in hot food, flax seed meal is good in baked items like cookies and breads.





Added on:


Ground flaxseed or flaxseed oil?





Liquid flaxseed oil is the easiest form to use, although it must be kept refrigerated. It is available either in liquid form, or in capsules.





If you prefer to use ground flaxseeds, just add 1 or 2 tablespoons of to an 8-ounce glass of water and mix. Flaxseeds have a pleasant, nutty flavor and taste good sprinkled on salads, cooked vegetables, or cereals.





I recommend you grind the seeds (or buy ground flaxseed) because whole seeds simply pass through the body. Grinding the seeds just before using them best preserves flavor and nutrition, but pre-ground seeds are more convenient. Keep them refrigerated. There are no nutritional differences between brown and yellow seeds.





For best absorption, take flaxseed oil with food. It is easily mixed into juices and other drinks, and its nutty, buttery flavor complements cottage cheese, yogurt and many other foods. You can also use it instead of olive oil in a salad dressing. Don't cook with it, however, as this will deplete the oil's nutrient content.





Buy flaxseed oil in an opaque plastic bottle. This will prevent light from spoiling it. Also check the expiration date on the label, as the oil spoils quickly. Keep it refrigerated for freshness. Should the oil develop a powerful odor, discard it.I'm taking flax seed oil.can I put in any thing that I cook or drink,or should I buy the flax seed meal?
You can use the oil or the seeds in anything you eat or drink .

No comments:

Post a Comment